• For screenings or events involving projection, we can screen 35 mm, 16 mm, or 8 mm prints or digital copies. Our preferred digital formats are DCP, blu-ray, h.264, and ProRes.
• When you provide your film, please include the following information with the disc or drive: title, run-time, aspect ratio, format, and audio level.
• Please always bring a back-up copy of your movie or slideshow.
• The auditorium has a Dolby 5.1 Digital sound system, through which we route both film sound and live sound for introductions, Q&A's, etc, as well as recorded music. Workable for some live music, with addition of monitors, rented or provided by client.
• We have two wired microphones and a number of stands available with any rental. Clients are welcome to bring additional and/or different XLR microphones for their event.
• QSC KLA dual line array live audio PA with subs available for rent. Ideal for live music.
• The Texas does not provide a board operator for live music or panel discusisons, but we are happy to put you in touch with one.
• Surround sound system in the bar connects to turntable and 1/8” input. Suitable for DJ use, as long as mics not used. If microphone(s) needed, Mackie PA available to rent.
The Texas Theatre is located at 231 West Jefferson Blvd, which is along the historic Jefferson Blvd shopping district and 3 blocks from the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff.
Please click through in the map below to get driving directions from your location.
Also note our map listing on VisitDallas.comView Larger Map
Where to Park
FREE Parking is available along Jefferson Blvd after 4pm (meters before 4pm are 25 cents/hour).
FREE Parking is available at the Texas Theatre lot adjacent to the Bank of Texas, at the corner of Madison Ave and Centre St.Parking Map
• Any caterer may provide food for an event; the Texas does not have an approved list.
• All beverages – hard and soft – must be purchased through the theatre.
• Multiple types of bar set-up – open, cash, ticket, etc – are available. With any bar setup, the only alcohol for which you are charged is that served and any special orders (for example, a specific bubbly). In most cases we can accommodate requests for specific beverages (hard or soft) with two-to-three weeks’ notice.
• Patrons may use any valet provider they choose.
• Clients are welcome to sell their own tickets.
• Tickets can be sold through the theatre’s system, in which case handling fees will apply.
• The rental party is solely responsible for any and all promotion of the event.
• A deposit of 1/2 the total rental cost is required to hold the date. The deposit is non-refundable within 30 days of the event. The balance is due the day of the event, before it begins.
• All rental blocks include both set-up and tear-down time. Please keep this in mind when booking.
• All events must complete an event memo.
• Booking also requires a completed credit card authorization form in lieu of a damage deposit. The card will not be charged for any portion of the rental unless the client so wishes.
• Payments may be made by cheque (preferred), cash, money order, cashier’s cheque, or card.
For a normal 2 hour evening event/ showing in the theatre:
MON $275 • TUE $375 • WED $475 • THU $800 • FRI/SAT $1000 • SUN $700
These rates are for private use of the auditorium and include basic A/V support. If you are hosting a screening, we will have our projectionist on hand. For all events, we have a manager on duty.
If you would like to have the concession stand and/or bar open during your event, there are minimum grosses. Should the combined take fall short of the minimum, the balance will be charged to the credit card on file. The minimums can be reduced or waived at the theatre’s discretion.
Looking for a theatrical screening venue for your indie film? The Texas Theatre can help. We offer flexible 4-wall options for either a single show or a week-long engagement. Dallas area marketing and promotional services are available as well.
Contact Mary Katherine, firstname.lastname@example.org, for single shows.
Contact Barak, email@example.com, for multi-show engagement and rates.
Want to see how your color/ FX and sound play in a theatrical setting? We have a 38-foot-wide movie screen on which to do compositing/ visual fx or color correction sessions.
The Texas Theatre is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm for session rentals. 2K/ 4K QT or DCP Playback with 5.1 Dolby Sound Testing available.
Contact: Barak at firstname.lastname@example.org, to book your session.
The Texas Theatre offers great rates for producers and filmmakers looking to screen dailies or progress cuts for your private audience during the week Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
We can project 2K, 4K , QT, Blu-Ray, or direct from your computer.
16mm / 35mm (positive) dailies screenings available as well.
Contact: Barak, email@example.com
Book a 2-3 hour block to show your film and invite your cast/crew/friends. Best rates are available during weekday evenings or late night. Concession and bar service available.
Contact: Mary Katherine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your production meeting in our upstairs lounge. FREE – during normal business hours if there’s not another upstairs event!
Use the historic Texas Theatre as the production office for your independent film and receive full use of the space allocated to your production during normal business hours. Receive discounts on all other services listed above when renting production office space.
Contact: Mary Katherine, email@example.com